Wheater's Functional Histology, 7th Edition
Now in its seventh edition, Wheater's Functional Histology is designed to give students a working knowledge of histology, including the basic histological structures, tissue types and organ systems.
You will learn to recognise the microscopic structure of normal human tissues and understand how this relates to function. The book shows you how to apply histology in a clinical context through coverage of common clinical conditions in each chapter.
This must-have book is written clearly and concisely, designed for those studying histology for the first time. Packed with a wealth of illustrations and learning aids, it is a must-have for every medical and health science student.
New to this edition
- More clinical correlation boxes
- More clinical images
- More questions added
- Concise and easy to digest text – easy to follow for those new to histology
- More than 900 high quality histology images and illustrations, plus detailed explanations to support understanding
- End of chapter review tables summarising important points
- Self-assessment questions and rationales to support exam preparation
- Appendix outlining the basics of microscopy and histological staining techniques
- Basic glossary
- An enhanced eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud