Understanding Nursing Research, 8th Edition
Learn to understand, critically appraise, and apply research studies to evidence-based nursing practice! Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is a leading textbook of nursing research for evidence-based practice (EBP), identified as a competency in the 2021 AACN Essentials and a key emphasis the Next-Generation NCLEX® Examination (NGN). This updated and enhanced 8th edition gives you even sharper insights into critical appraisal of published studies for evidence-based nursing practice. Known for its authoritative content, its time-tested systematic approach, and its unique Research Example format — the new 8th edition of this bestselling textbook features updated content throughout, including current examples of high-quality studies, along with new Research/Evidence-Based Practice Tips boxes and enhanced use of tables, boxes, and illustrations for improved learning.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content throughout the book focuses on the most relevant, need-to-know information to help you understand the research and evidence-based practice (EBP) processes.
- NEW! Research / Evidence-Based Practice Tips provide expert advice to help you critically appraise published studies for application to clinical practice.
- Clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and critical appraisal skills, identified as a competency in the 2021 AACN Essentials and a key emphasis of the Next-Generation NCLEX® Examination (NGN).
- Strong focus on EBP helps you develop skills in appraising and applying published studies, demonstrating how to apply evidence to clinical practice.
- Authoritative content is written by pioneers and practitioners of nursing research who offer unique, firsthand insights into the field.
- Balanced coverage of qualitative and quantitative research shows how to approach published studies with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Research Examples are updated with high-quality nursing research and quality improvement studies showing how to critically appraise the nursing literature.
- Critical Appraisal Guidelines boxes provide step-by-step guidance in critically appraising published research studies.
- Summary tables, illustrations, and boxes promote in-depth learning of processes and approaches for today’s increasingly evidence-based clinical practice.
- Introduction to mixed-methods and outcomes research examines these increasingly popular methodologies in nursing research.