Survival Guide for Anatomy & Physiology, 2nd Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Know the Language chapter focuses on strategies for mastering medical terminology.
- UPDATED information includes more on digital-based learning strategies, more examples, and additional study tips to develop skills in mastering pronunciation, dealing with test anxiety, using flashcards, and more.
- New analogies and tips help you make deeper connections between challenging A&P concepts and the real world, including What’s a Gradient?, Bone Names Have Meaning, Mnemonics to Help You Learn Bone Structures, and more.
- NEW! What to Do If You Get Lost chapter offers advice on getting back on track from Kevin Patton, whose enthusiasm, humor, and special insights have guided many students through the A&P wilderness.
- New cartoons and illustrated tables simplify facts and concepts relating to topics such as tissues, joint movements, regions of the brain, and more.
- New appendices on common abbreviations and word parts make it easy to look up prefixes, suffixes, abbreviations, and more.
- Plan a Learning Strategy section helps you study more effectively by showing how to tailor your learning activities to suit your learning style.
- Part 2: Maps, Charts, and Shortcuts breaks the subject of A&P into six sections, so you can quickly find the information you need in an easy-to-read and understand format.
- Mnemonic devices and memorable analogies help you remember A&P concepts with ease.
- Specific test-taking strategies help you prepare for and pass exams.
- Instructions on how to read your A&P textbook lead to greater comprehension.
- Dozens of tables make it easy to access the A&P facts you need to remember on the skeletal system, muscles, nerves, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems, and more.