Prenatal Massage, 1st Edition
- Comprehensive coverage guides you through all aspects of prenatal massage in a single book, addressing fundamentals, techniques, preparation, and prevention of potential problems.
- Many useful techniques are described in detail for prenatal through postpartum massage with step-by-step instructions so you can begin using these techniques with your clients immediately.
- Numerous boxes throughout the text highlight key information and provide clinical tips. Touch Points and In My Experience boxes share the author's personal observations about the chapter material with real-life examples from her years in practice.
- Over 350 detailed, full-color illustrations and photographs illuminate procedures, concepts, and techniques.
- Clear writing and organization addresses content in four main units: pregnancy massage, labor massage, postpartum massage, and marketing strategies.
- A companion DVD packaged with the book contains 45 minutes of video demonstrating different massage techniques presented in the book.
- DVD icons within the text encourage you to watch relevant video footage at appropriate points.
- Learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter clearly identify the concepts you should focus on in the chapter.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter enable you to assess your understanding and review important information presented in the book.
- A glossary of all key terms and definitions makes it easy to quickly look up a new term or to refresh your memory.