Mosby's Handbook of Herbs & Natural Supplements, 4th Edition
New to this edition
- A pregnancy classification system from the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration allows you to analyze herbs individually and provides a consistent formula to decide which herbs should be used.
- Updated content throughout includes the latest uses, actions, dosages, contraindications, side effects/adverse reactions, interactions, pharmacology, alerts, and references.
- Pediatric Herbal Use appendix covers uses, guidelines, and expanded pediatric and adolescent information for 32 herbs.
- Drug/Herb Interaction appendix lists known drug and herb interactions for herbs included in the handbook to ensure client safety.
- Detailed monographs for 300 commonly used herbal products and natural supplements include vital information on the products you’ll encounter with your clients.
- Updated references and information from new studies make this a reliable source for herbal content.
- Alert icons warn you of potentially dangerous reactions that could threaten your clients’ health.
- Popular Herb, Pregnancy, and Pediatric icons help you find relevant content quickly for common herbs and herbs for special populations.
- Quick-reference format presents consistent monographs for each herb and makes it easy to find the information you need.
- Herbal Resource appendix, Drug/Herb Interaction appendix, Pediatric Herbal Use appendix, and a list of abbreviations provide essential resources and expanded herbal material in one convenient spot.
- A comprehensive index of herbal terms allows you to look up an herb by its common or scientific name, as well as by condition.