Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 5th Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Genetic and Biomarker Testing of Cardiovascular Diseases chapter covers genetic testing for mutations associated with specific cardiac diseases and testing for circulating substances indicative of heart disease or injury.
- NEW! Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease chapter focuses on the significant role nutrition can play in preventing or treating cardiac disease.
- NEW! Significantly revised Echocardiography chapter features the latest information on indications and the role of the electrocardiogram in clinical practice.
- NEW! All new doppler echocardiogram images in the Feline Cardiomyopathy chapter show the primary cardiomyopathies, including: severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, severe hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, severe dilated cardiomyopathy, severe endomyocardial fibrosis and restrictive cardiomyopathy, severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, and severe arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.
- NEW! Section on hybrid cardiac procedures in the Cardiac Surgery chapter include image-guided catheter-based interventions with direct transcardiac (transatrial, transventricular, transapical) surgical approaches to the heart.
- The latest coverage on common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods addresses topics, such as: cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, and more.
- Easy-to-follow organization separates content into three sections that build on each other — Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease; Section 2: Cardiovascular Disease; Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Extensive art program contains vivid illustrations, clinical photographs, and color Doppler images.
- Drug formulary appendix features a list of commonly used cardiopulmonary drugs, along with formulations, indications, and dosages (for both dogs and cats).
- Streamlined text, bullet points, and helpful boxes help to highlight the most important clinical content.
- Highlighted key points spotlight key information, diagnosis considerations, clinical tips and more.