Leading and Managing in Contemporary Health and Social Care, 1st Edition
An understanding of leadership and management theory and practice is integral to the success of a new generation of health and social care professionals, and managers of services. It is equally important for educators in the field. Leading and Managing in Contemporary Health and Social Care by Elizabeth Rosser and Cate Wood supports the development of all health and social care professionals as managers and leaders in today’s rapidly evolving environment.
This new title addresses pertinent topics including: integration and enhancement of health and social care services; interprofessional working; the importance of a strong organizational culture; developing individual resilience; leading innovation; and practising successful project and financial management within global and culturally sensitive contexts.
With a growing mandate for health and social care professionals to understand leadership and management within their organizations, and a strong appreciation of these skills by employers, this new book is an important contribution that students and educators alike will welcome.
- Comprehensive and authoritative text written by experts in their field
- Fifteen chapters offer current thinking from a range of different perspectives
- Presents leadership management theory that can be applied across a wide range of workplaces
- Includes summary points and case studies for reflection and application
- Ideal reference for Master’s students and those undertaking MBA courses with a focus on health and social care