Immunology for Medical Students, 3rd Edition
Comprehensive yet concise and easy to read, this updated edition of Immunology for Medical Students effectively explains complex immunology topics and their relevance in clinical practice. Boasting just the right amount of detail for today's busy medical student, it delivers state-of-the-art coverage of the latest scientific and clinical knowledge in the field. Detailed and explanatory illustrations, combined with clinically relevant examples and cases, offer a unique understanding of the human immune system and its role in protecting us from disease.
New to this edition
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You'll also access 100 multiple-choice questions to enhance your understanding of the material.
- Features 17 new clinical boxes as well as critical revisions to 25 of the clinical boxes featured in the previous edition, providing relevant, practical examples of cases commonly encountered in day-to-day practice.
- Presents new material on T Cell Subsets, the molecular and cellular processes involved in their selection and differentiation, and how this knowledge is already translating into clinical developments.
- Includes a brand-new chapter titled Regulation of the Immune System.
- Designed with a clear focus on the needs of medical students.
- Includes overview illustrations at the beginning of each chapter, as well as illustrations with dialogue boxes.
- Immunology icons are repeated throughout the text, accompanied by a helpful Icon Key.
- Detailed clinical cases demonstrate real-world applications.
- Technical boxes point out important scientific advances.
- End-of-chapter checklists of learning points facilitate review.