Health and Wellbeing at Work for Nurses and Midwives, 1st Edition
This important new book provides the first comprehensive compilation of strategies for promoting physical and mental wellbeing, specifically for nurses and midwives.
Written by experts on workforce health and wellbeing in conjunction with the Florence Nightingale Foundation, the book emphasises the importance supporting the wellbeing of self and others, even during times of extreme stress such during winter or when dealing with COVID-19. It covers multiple aspects of self-care, including how to tackle shift work, prevent dehydration and cope with moral injury and guilt – all illustrated with real-life case studies from nurses and midwives working at the coalface.
Health and Wellbeing at Work for Nurses and Midwives is suitable for students right through to Chief Nursing Officers and is applicable to readers from all countries. It is sure to stand the test of time as a trusted guide to this crucial aspect of the professional lives of nurses and midwives.
- Authentic case studies bring concepts to life
- Written in a conversational and accessible style – suitable for readers of all levels
- Contributions from across the nursing and midwifery workforce speak directly to the nursing/midwifery experience
- Key recommendations for translating theory to practice
- Reflective exercises used throughout to allow readers to engage deeply with the strategies and ideas
- Edited by experts in their fields and based on evidence