Handbook of Veterinary Pain Management, 3rd Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Eight new chapters include the latest information on:
- the human-animal bond
- local and regional techniques
- preventive and multimodal analgesia
- energy modalities
- physical examination with emphasis on isolating and locating pain
- therapeutic goals
- pain in laboratory animals
- NEW! Completely updated drug information, with new agents, doseforms, and routes provides the most current pain management therapies for use in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Expanded sections on the cat and exotics address the growing popularity of these pets by providing additional species-specific information.
- The latest information on complementary and alternative strategies for pain management offers the guidance to help you incorporate non-pharmacologic treatments into their pain management programs.
- Numerous boxes and tables summarize pharmacologic protocols and clinical applications, with dosages, indications, contraindications, and side effects to provide you with the comprehensive drug information needed to find the most effective and appropriate treatment.
- User-friendly format helps you quickly and easily find essential information.
- Case studies illustrating realistic clinical scenarios help you learn how to assess and manage pain in the clinical setting.