ECGs Made Easy, 7th Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Content updates reflect current science and clinical practice guidelines, including the American Heart Association’s 2020 ECC resuscitation guidelines where applicable.
- NEW! Updates to selected rhythm strips allow for additional practice.
- Easy-to-read style and conversational tone help you to recall and apply ECG information.
- Brief description of each dysrhythmia is accompanied by a summary of rhythm characteristics and a sample ECG rhythm strip.
- Clear ECG discussions highlight what you need to know about dysrhythmia recognition, such as: How Do I Recognize It? What Causes It? What Do I Do About It?
- Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG chapter provides the basics for this advanced skill, including determining electrical axis, and recognizing ECG changes associated with myocardial ischemia and infarction, bundle branch block, and other conditions.
- ECG Pearl boxes cover ECG principles, practical applications, indications, and techniques, and offer useful hints for interpreting ECGs.
- Drug Pearls highlight select medications used to treat dysrhythmias.
- Key terms open each chapter by introducing and defining essential terminology.
- Summary tables review the key characteristics of dysrhythmias discussed in the chapter.
- Stop & Review exercises at the end of each chapter allow you to assess your understanding.
- Comprehensive posttest with answers at the end of the book allows you to check your understanding.