Critical Care Medicine: An Algorithmic Approach, 1st Edition
- Chapters cover a particular organ system and are organized by disorder for easy reference.
- Each chapter includes a brief overview of the disorder, diagnostic algorithms, treatment algorithms, potential complications and strategies for overcoming them, and supporting references.
- Helpful mnemonics and advice from critical care experts are provided throughout.
- Key topics include ventilatory failure: ARDS, pulmonary embolism, asthma and COPD; ABG analysis; pleural effusion; acute respiratory failure; cardiac critical care; acute kidney injury, water and electrolyte management, acid-base disorders; infectious disease; COVID-19; critical care issues related to other medical specialties; and much more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.