Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 4th Edition
Use this atlas-style guide to master implant procedures and techniques! Written by leading expert Michael S. Block, DMD, Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 3rd Edition provides clear, full-color clinical photos and practical instructions covering a wide range of implant challenges. It takes you through treatment planning, presurgical guidelines, detailed surgical techniques, and postoperative follow-up. This edition adds more case studies, coverage of computed tomography, and a new DVD with videos of 14 surgical procedures filmed by the author. With this book, you’ll be able to address any implant-related situation and achieve optimal results!
New to this edition
- NEW! Thoroughly revised and updated content reflects the latest information and advancements in dental implant surgery.
- NEW! 60+ video clips on a companion website clearly demonstrate the nuances and techniques of implant procedures that can’t be seen in still photos.
- NEW! Information on the placement of implants into single tooth sites with tooth removal looks at three clinical scenarios that can help you decide on the best timing of treatment.
- NEW! Coverage of the placement of implants immediately into mandibular molar sites addresses criteria for immediate placement, implant selection, and surgical technique.
- NEW! Exploration of grafting the thin maxilla, with an accompanying case study, looks at how to best handle patients who present with a thin, narrow alveolar bone, which does not allow implant placement.
- NEW! Section on the use of interpositional osteotomy to restore missing vertical bone in the esthetic zone discusses how to manage vertical bone deficiency in the esthetic zone by moving the vertical bone inferiorly using an interpositional osteotomy.
- NEW! Section on the crestal approach for sinus elevation addresses implant site preparation and surgical technique.
- Over 1,500 full-color photographs and drawings depict important concepts and techniques, and show treatment from beginning to end.
- Clear step-by-step procedures include indications, contraindications, and treatment results for each procedure.
- Case studies throughout the book explore realistic clinical scenarios, each with a variant.
- Chapters are organized by oral anatomy and surgical technique, with each chapter presenting a different area of the mouth or a specific surgical technique.