Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 6th Edition
Now fully revised and updated in its sixth edition, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics combines the skills of an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, pharmacists and nurses to present an integrated understanding of disease processes, evidence-based clinical pharmacology and optimal drug regimes. Register your StudentConsult PIN for access to the e-book.
From reviews of the previous edition:
‘This new edition of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics was really very helpful when I was doing an MSc course in Advancing Pharmacy Practice and it was really very helpful in all the clinical diseases I have to read for my PBL. I also used it as one of my most reliable reference books for the in-course simulation ward rounds and other clinical case studies. It is a great book to have as a practising clinical or hospital pharmacist or even community pharmacist. It will also be of great use to anyone doing a course in pharmacotherapy. This book will always be of use to you throughout your studentship or when practising after graduation. It is also more portable than most other pharmacotherapy textbooks with the same amount of information.’
Now in its sixth edition, this best-selling, multi-disciplinary textbook continues to draw on the skills of pharmacists, clinicians and nurses to present optimal drug regimens. The authors integrate an understanding of the disease processes with an appreciation of the pathophysiological processes, clinical pharmacy and the evidence base. Each chapter is co-written by a pharmacist and a clinician, and each chapter begins with key points and ends with cases to test understanding. The sixth edition is now on StudentConsult for the first time, giving online access to the full text.
New to this edition
- New co-editor, Karen Hodson
- Over 10 new authors
- Now in 4-colour
- On StudentConsult for the first time
- New chapter on Dementia
- Many new and revised illustrations
- Chapters revised to include advances in therapeutics and changes to dose regimens and licensed indications
- Updated case studies
- Key points boxes at the beginning of each chapter
- Case-study boxes throughout the chapters
- Each chapter co-written by a pharmacist and a clinician
- In-depth treatment of therapeutics to support pharmaceutical prescribing
- Logical order and format: key points, epidemiology, aetiology, disease, clinical manifestations, investigations and treatment, drugs used in treatment.
- Dosage reference sources given where appropriate, along with useful websites and further reading for each chapter.