Clinical Medicine in Optometric Practice, 2nd Edition
New to this edition
- Reflects the most current technologies in examination and testing.
- Features all-new illustrations in full color, illustrating systemic disorders, the physical exam, videotaping, dermatological conditions, and much more.
- Includes a new chapter on vascular disease, especially important since optometrists are sometimes the first to notice these types of changes.
- Contains new information on cardiovascular disease and carotid disease, including the effects that stroke may have on the patient.
- Shows how the wide range of medical conditions and their therapeutic strategies impact the delivery of eye care.
- Familiarizes the reader with the conditions that are encountered in practice, those that may present with ocular manifestations, and those that have significant importance to medicine in general.
- Organized in a practical, easily accessible format.
- Uses case presentations to demonstrate clinical test interpretation, differential diagnosis, treatment, and the development of a prognosis.