Chair Massage, 1st Edition
- Full-color photographs and drawings clearly depict each technique.
- An Essentials of Practice chapter helps you translate your knowledge into revenue by addressing crucial topics such as determining target markets, job-related conditions, marketing methods, introductory letters, setting fees, drawing up contracts, and getting paid, and includes practical advice from practitioners who offer chair massage.
- Unique! Coverage of low back techniques includes specific techniques for treating low back pain, its causes, when to perform massage, and when it is contraindicated.
- Unique! A chapter on additional techniques and adaptations covers body regions such as the iliotibial band, gastrocnemius, pectorals, anterior neck muscles, and serratus anterior, plus situations such as clients in wheelchairs.
- Unique! A segment on closing the session describes positive ways to finalize a chair massage session, including use of percussion as a finishing technique, closing stretches, a post-treatment discussion, and helping the client off the chair.
- A Communications and Ethics chapter addresses important topics such as the ethical presentation of self, boundaries, communicating with clients about feedback, pre- and post-treatment interviews, and intake forms.
- A review of anatomy and kinesiology covers the specific information that you need to know in order make treatment decisions and perform routines.
- Coverage of traditional Chinese medicine points and channels gives you more techniques to use during chair massage practice.
- Sample dialogues provide examples of effective communication with clients during their sessions.