Calculation of Drug Dosages, 12th Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® practice problems and case studies progress from simple to complex concepts and are included in chapters throughout the text.
- NEW! Coverage of heparin drip calculation describes how to calculate and administer an IV weight-based heparin bolus from the IV heparin.
- NEW! Added IV coverage is included in the IV Flow Rates and IV Flow Rates for Dosages Measured in Units chapters.
- NEW! Updated drug information and medication labels are added to this edition.
Learning objectives keep you focused and explain what you should accomplish upon the completion of each chapter.
- Logical structure organizes the material from simple to complex, making it easier to build upon and retain knowledge.
- Extensive math review covers the basic math skills essential for accurate calculation of drug dosages and helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Chapter worksheets allow you to practice solving realistic problems.
- Post-tests at the end of each chapter allow you to assess your understanding of content.
- Alert boxes highlight information crucial to math calculation and patient safety.
- Comprehensive post-test at the end of the book offers additional practice and measures your overall understanding.
- 40 flash cards on the Evolve website make it easy to study and review abbreviations, formulas, and conversions from the book.