Basic Medical Language with Flash Cards, 7th Edition
Build the foundation you need to confidently communicate with your healthcare team! Basic Medical Language, 7th Edition makes it easy to master the medical terminology needed for success in the health professions. This concise text helps you learn and recognize hundreds of medical terms by introducing the suffixes, prefixes, and combining forms used in building words. Brief, illustrated lessons present terms by body system, and include exercises that ask you to build, define, and read commonly used medical terms. From an expert writing team led by Danielle LaFleur Brooks, this book includes realistic case studies and an Evolve website that simplifies learning with animations, activities, games, quizzes, and more.
New to this edition
- NEW! Introduction to Diagnostic Imaging discusses radiology and features medical terms used in clinical practice.
- NEW! Laboratory Medical Terms provide insight into laboratory tests, collection techniques, and sections of clinical laboratories.
- NEW! Expanded quizzes with additional practical application questions conclude each lesson.
- Emphasis on frequently used medical terms includes words and abbreviations used in clinical settings, billing, and coding.
- Systemic presentation of medical terms helps you learn and recognize new words by body system, and are followed by practical application.
- Engaging exercises include matching, building, and reading medical terms in context, helping you learn medical terms built from word parts as well as those NOT built from word parts.
- Case studies allow you to apply medical terms within the context of a patient’s medical condition.
- Word part tables summarize combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes to help you learn medical terms.
- More than 200 flash cards packaged free with the text make it easier to memorize terms and abbreviations.
- Objectives integrated with headings show lesson objectives and correlate to exercises, quizzes, and exams.
- Electronic health record mockups familiarize you with the EHRs you will encounter in practice.
- Learning resources on the Evolve website include games, activities, quizzes, videos, and an audio program ? all tied closely to material in the text.