Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, 4th Edition
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery presents definitive, state-of-the-art guidance on every aspect of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), equipping you to make the best clinical decisions and optimize outcomes. It’s easily accessible format is uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process -- from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. This practical, clinically oriented text is an ideal resource for OB/GYNs and Urologists as well as subspecialists in FPMRS, providing the latest information on procedures and available research regarding the evaluation and treatment of the growing number of patients presenting with these types of conditions.
New to this edition
- Stay current the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and 9 NEW chapters: Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital and Urinary Tracts l Physiology of the Pelvic Muscles, Vagina and Ano-Rectum l Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction l Multichannel-Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Video and Ambulatory Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Hysteropexy l Avoiding and Managing Lower Urinary Tract Injuries During Pelvic Surgery l Managing Mesh and other Vaginal Complications after Surgeries for Incontinence and Prolapse l and Surgical Management of Detrusor Compliance Abnormalities.
- Master urodynamic testing with step-by-step instructions on basic evaluation as well as the evaluation of complex cases with videourodynamics.
- Know what to do and expect with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, and clear full-color surgical illustrations as well as evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with a new section on surgical complications and their management; important new discussions on the psychosocial issues associated with treating patients with female pelvic floor disorders; and a new focus on female sexual function and dysfunction.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with personal techniques and tips from leading experts.
- Put concepts into practice. Case presentations from leading experts in FPMRS allow the reader to apply the information presented to everyday clinical situations.
- Effectively detect, prevent and treat common female pelvic floor disorders including stress incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, defecation disorders, painful bladder and irritative voiding disorders, and urinary tract infection.
- Get a true-to-life view of each procedure through full-color, crisp illustrations that illuminate every detail and nuance.