Sonography Scanning, 4th Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Transducer location drawings included on images helps users understand exactly where on the body they should scan to produce a particular image.
- NEW! Musculoskeletal chapter provides musculoskeletal coverage for those sonographers interested in this specialty.
- NEW! Two-color streamlined design enhances readability and allows for more images on the page.
- NEW! 300 new images demonstrate superior quality images from the latest state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment.
- NEW! Pedagogy including key terms and objectives is included at the beginning of each chapter to specify chapter expectations and focus study.
- Scanning principles and step-by-step instructions on how to scan and document images help users establish standardization and image documentation for physician diagnostic interpretation.
- Scanning protocols that follow AIUM guidelines provides the essential information on patient prep, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images. The location of specific vessels or organs, anatomy and physiology, sonographic appearance, and normal variations are also included.
- Sonographic ergonomics and proper use of equipment help sonographers avoid occupational injuries.
- Scanning protocol for pathology provides the criteria for evaluating and documenting abnormal sonographic findings, describing those findings within legal parameters, and relating those findings to the interpreting physician.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter give users the ability to self-review.