SimChart for the Medical Office:Learning the Medical Office Workflow - 2022 Edition, 1st Edition
Get a hands-on introduction to the medical office electronic health record! Learning the Medical Office Workflow, 2022 Edition provides clear, step-by-step instructions to all the medical assisting simulations in SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO), Elsevier’s fully educationally designed simulated electronic health record (EHR). You’ll become acclimated to these simulations by completing more than 50 hours of practice tasks that address essential ABHES and CAAHEP competencies — that’s more practice than any other electronic health record education tool on the market. This procedure manual uses screen shots and best practices to make it easier for you to work through SimChart for the Medical Office tasks and assignments in order to master documentation skills.
New to this edition
- NEW! Critical thinking exercises at the end of the manual serve as capstone assignments to build problem-solving skills and prepare for externship opportunities.
- UPDATED! Instructions, steps, and screen shots reflect the most current updates in SCMO.
- UPDATED! Mapping grids correlate SCMO assignments to current accreditation guidelines from ABHES and CAAHEP.
- Intuitive and realistic learning environment provides you with a safe classroom environment in which to develop key documentation skills.
- UNIQUE! 110 interactive assignments are aligned with 220 ABHES and CAAHEP competencies, from front office skills to clinical skills to practice management skills — providing more than 50 hours of documentation practice, more than any other solution on the market!
- Step-by-step instructions and accompanying SCMO screen shots help you break down common tasks and learn to work accurately and efficiently.
- Hands-on practice makes it easier for you to learn core competencies, with tasks simulating the real-world administrative duties of the medical assistant.
- Medical assisting administrative duties simulations give you practice managing patient scheduling in a multi-doctor practice, documenting a variety of services, processing insurance claims, posting payments, and much more!
- Simulation Playground with instructions and screen shots supplement prebuilt assignments to give you unlimited practice with the material.