Postsurgical Rehabilitation Guidelines for the Orthopedic Clinician, 1st Edition
- Material represents the best practices of experts with the Hospital of Special Surgery, one of the best known and most respected orthopedic hospitals.
- Phases of treatment are defined in tables to clearly show goals, precautions, treatment strategies and criteria for surgery.
- Many of the treatment strategies are shown in videos on the accompanying DVD, enabling the user to watch the procedure that is discussed in the text.
- Information on pediatric and geriatric patients explores differing strategies for treating these populations.
- Treatments specific to sports injuries are presented, highlighting the different rehabilitation procedures available for athletes.
- An entire section on hand rehabilitation provides the latest information for hand specialists.
- Information on the latest treatment strategies for hip replacement presents complete information on one of the most common procedures.
- Easy-to-follow guidelines enable practitioners to look up a procedure and quickly see the recommended rehabilitation strategy.
- A troubleshooting section provides solutions for common problems that may occur following each phase of the rehabilitation process.
- Broad coverage addresses both traditional techniques as well as newer methods in a single resource.
- Clear photos and illustrations show how to correctly perform the techniques described in the book.