Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Canadian Edition, 3rd Edition
The practical nursing handbook you can use in the clinical setting! Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Canadian 3rd Edition makes it fast and easy to look up essential assessment skills and techniques. This portable clinical guide helps you conduct more effective exams by referring to summaries of examination steps, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and multicultural considerations, and over 200 full-colour photos and illustrations. With added content on the Electronic Health Record, charting, paediatrics, pregnant, and aging adult patients, and narrative recording this handbook is a perfect clinical tool whether you’re a beginner who is learning assessment skills or a practitioner who needs a portable reference!
New to this edition
- NEW! Content on the Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording provides you with examples of how to document assessment findings.
- NEW! Normal and abnormal examination photos show the nose, mouth, throat, thorax, and pediatric assessment to give you a fresh perspective on key system examinations along with cultural diversity and developmental variations.
- Two-column format for examination content makes it easier to access, learn, and understand key physical examination skills and findings.
- Abnormal findings tables help you to recognize, sort, and describe key abnormal findings.
- Colour-coded bars visually segment each body system chapter into major sections (anatomy, subjective data, objective data, and abnormal findings) to promote accessibility to content.
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps.
- Developmental Considerations sections highlight content specific to infants, children, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Cultural and Social Considerations sections reflect the cultural diversity of Canada’s population.
- More than 200 full-colour illustrations demonstrate examination skills, underlying anatomy and physiology, and normal and abnormal findings to provide you with a complete picture for physical examination.