This best-selling resource has a worldwide reputation as the leader in its field. Focusing on human immunology and biology, while also reporting on scientific experimentation and advancement, it provides comprehensive coverage of state-of-the-art basic science as well as authoritative guidance on the practical aspects of day-to-day diagnosis and management. This new edition includes 700 full-color illustrations and a new, more accessible format to make finding information a snap for the busy practitioner.
New to this edition
- Contains 400 new illustrations, 700 in all, to better illustrate complex immunology.
- Covers the very latest in the field, including hot topics such as food allergy and immunotherapy.
- Includes the latest guidelines from The National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP).
- Utilizes a new, more user-friendly full-color format for easier reference.
- Includes a glossary of allergy and immunology for quick and easy reference.
- Contains keypoints and clinical pearls highlighted to find important information quickly.
- links to useful online resources both for you and for your patients.
- Offers contributions from hundreds of international authorities for world-class expertise in overcoming any clinical challenge.
By N. Franklin Adkinson Jr., Jr., MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA; Bruce S Bochner, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, John Hopkins University of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA; A Wesley Burks, MD, Professor and Chair, Pediatrics, Physician-in-Chief, North Carolina Children's Hospital, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA; William W Busse, MD, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA; Stephen T Holgate, MD, DSc, FMedSci, MRC Professor of Immunopharmacology, Clinical and Experimental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Southampton University and General Hospital, Southampton, UK; Robert F Lemanske, Jr., MD, Professor of Pediatrics & Medicine, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin USA and Robyn E O'Hehir, FRACP, PhD, FRCPath, Professor and Director, Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Alfred Hospital and Monash University, Melbourne Victoria, Australia