Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases E-Book, 8th Edition
After thirty five years, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition is still the reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on diagnosing and treating the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. John E. Bennett and Raphael Dolin along with new editorial team member Dr. Martin Blaser have meticulously updated this latest edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest clinical and scientific knowledge at your fingertips. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased worldwide perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition helps you identify and treat whatever infectious disease you see.
New to this edition
- Put the latest knowledge to work in your practice with new or completely revised chapters on Influenza (new pandemic strains); New Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Virus; Probiotics; Antibiotics for resistant bacteria; Antifungal drugs; New Antivirals for hepatitis B and C; Clostridium difficile treatment; Sepsis; Advances in HIV prevention and treatment; Viral gastroenteritis; Lyme Disease; Helicobacter pylori; Malaria; Infections in immunocompromised hosts; Immunization (new vaccines and new recommendations); and Microbiome.
- Benefit from fresh perspectives and expanded global insights from an expanded team of American and International contributors. Martin Blaser, MD, a leading expert and Muriel G. and George W. Singer Professional of Translational Medicine at New York University School of Medicine, joins veteran PPID editors John E. Bennett, MD, and Raphael Dolin, MD to continue a legacy of excellence.
- Find and grasp the information you need easily and rapidly with newly added chapter summaries.
- Get the answers to any questions you have with more in-depth coverage of epidemiology, etiology, pathology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other ID resource.
- Apply the latest knowledge with updated diagnoses and treatments for currently recognized and newly emerging infectious diseases, such as those caused by avian and swine influenza viruses.