Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, 10th Edition
Learn clinical nursing skills and prepare for success on the Next Generation NCLEX® Examination! Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 10th Edition provides clear, step-by-step guidelines to more than 200 basic, intermediate, and advanced skills. With more than 1,200 full-color illustrations, a nursing process framework, and a focus on evidence-based practice, this manual helps you learn to think critically, ask the right questions at the right time, and make timely decisions. New to this edition are NGN-style unfolding case studies, preparing you for the changes to the NCLEX exam. Written by respected nursing experts Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter, Wendy Ostendorf, and Nancy Laplante, this trusted text is the bestselling nursing skills book on the market!
New to this edition
- F NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN)-style unfolding case studies include answers at the back of the book, providing optimal preparation for the Next Generation NCLEX Examination.
- Comprehensive coverage includes more than 200 basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing skills and procedures.
- Rationales for each step within skills explain the why as well as the how of each skill, and include citations from the current literature.
- Clinical Decision Points alert you to key steps that affect patient outcomes and help them modify care as needed to meet individual patient needs.
- Unique! Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions sections highlight what might go wrong and how to appropriately intervene.
- Clinical Debrief at the end of each chapter provides case-based review questions that focus on issues such as managing conflict, care prioritization, patient safety, and decision-making.
- More than 1,200 full-color photos and drawings make it easier to visualize concepts and procedures.
- Five–step nursing process format helps you apply the nursing process while learning each skill.
- Coverage of QSEN core competencies is incorporated into each lesson, including the areas of delegation and collaboration, reporting and recording, safety guidelines, and considerations relating to teaching, pediatric, geriatric, and home care.
- Unique! Using Evidence in Nursing Practice chapter covers the entire process of conducting research, including collecting, evaluating, and applying evidence from published research.